Monday 29 February 2016

Monica's kitchen: Step by step

I've been on a Friends roll lately, watching up to several episodes a day (it's a great series to have playing while I'm doing the dishes, for example!), and seeing as it's one of my all time favourites, I thought it only fitting that I draw some sort of tribute. 

After some deliberation the choice fell on Monica's homely kitchen! I started, as always, with a pencil sketch: 


Then I did the tracing with a black liner: 


And, because of dear old Murphy (and the fact that I'd painted my nails the day before), this happened:


(Damn that orange nail polish!)

But, like I've mentioned before on this blog, most errors and mishaps can be fixed with a bit of know how. So instead of despairing I quickly moved on to the next step: Colouring everything in:


My favourite part of any drawing is by far the final tracing and the adding of details - it's really what ends up making the drawing in the end. It's all in the details!

The final result:


The filling of the cupboards was a real pain (it took ages), but I'm pretty happy with the result: 


And, of course, Monica's kitchen just wouldn't be complete without the Cookie Time clock: 


-

What do you think of my 'interpretation' of Monica's kitchen? Does it look like it's supposed to?

1 comment:

  1. Helt fantastisk teckning! Jag har ingen relation till Friends, men jag skulle gärna bo sådär :) Det är underbart med alla prylar och detaljer - påminner lite om illustrationerna av Pippi Långstrump med mycket grejer och starka färger. Vilket kul sätt att hylla sin favorit-tvserie på!

    ReplyDelete